"Do you know what innocence is?... it's more than an absence of guilt. It's having faith that there's goodness in the face of cruelty and pain." JOA 219

Friday, March 14, 2008

Instant Gratification

So I was messing around last night. Really, the only thing I was looking for was a calendar so I don't miss important things. I mean really. I didn't realize that Easter was so close already, until someone mentioned it to me. Didn't we just celebrate Easter? Time goes by so quickly... So I decided I needed to get something good that would give me that kind of info. I found Google Calendars. Geez. Google is into everything. I still wonder where they came up with that name.... But that's neither here nor there. Anyway, so I'm messing around with the settings and such, figuring out exactly what I can do with this new found power. Not a whole ton, but still quite more than I expected with a calendar. Haha.

So calendar. They have a function called "Public Calendars" (you can make a calendar viewable to others) and you can search them. So I searched them for events in my area... And guess what popped up? Events for churches and such. Two of which I go to sometimes. So that was exciting. Another (and the one that caught my attention first, it was one of the first search results) was for a "church" that's rather intriguing. See the links on the left for more info. I haven't read a whole ton about it, but I do want to try it sometime. As the quotations imply its a nontraditional church and might be interesting. They have a meeting tonight, but I can't go because A. I have somewhere else to be right after it ends, B. I've never been to the place they're meeting, and C. its a bar and I'd rather have someone else go with me that I know. So later I'll try it out and let you know.

On a side note, I went to the Christian bookstore in my town, and voila!, Newsboys are having a concert on April 16th here. Hopefully I can get tickets/get that day off. Anyone who wants to come up here for that, I'll buy your ticket!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could go to the Newsboys concert with you Jodi! I saw them a year ago in Everett and as always, they were amazing.

I have video of it, but haven't gotten around to editing it together. But I did just post a video of them at Creation a couple years ago. (Sadly before the "Go" album however). My sister and I stood in line forever to get their autographs.

Obviously I'm a fan!