"Do you know what innocence is?... it's more than an absence of guilt. It's having faith that there's goodness in the face of cruelty and pain." JOA 219

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Good things happen to those who wait

I have to admit, this past week was pretty awesome. Minus some family crises on the side (which are still ongoing, so I'll omit that here and just relate work to you), it was a pretty fun week. The people in my first "class" (thanks to the promotion I told you about earlier, I am now a coach/trainer for the company I work at now) were really fun. As soon as I got in my car to go home at the end of the week, it suddenly hit me that I won't see them again/as often as I did before. I was sad.

So why were they so much fun? Because I was mean to them. Hehe. Just kidding... well, mostly. They were fun because I could joke around with them and just have fun. Its kind of like my relationship with Mac. We both give each other a hard time because we know neither one of us will take it seriously. Everyone was really laid back. There were a couple of really funny conversations... Okay, quite a few really funny conversations, but I'll relate those later perhaps, because I don't have time now.

Also, I've learned alot about both my coworkers and my trainees. I've been getting to know my other coworkers the previous week, but this week really shed alot more light on them. I have 6 main coworkers whom I work with directly. One of them is my boss, whom I feel like I got to know her more last week than this... well, she had a lot to do with this class and all, so she hasn't been around much this week. The other 5 of my coworkers are all "supervisors" like me and we support the training classes. Three support the class in the afternoons and I, along with 2 others, support them in the evenings (we work the late shift). Of the six, there are only 2 other women and both are married and 1 of the guys has a girlfriend (who comes to bug him alot :D ). As far as I know, the guys that share the evening support with me are single (as I am). So I thought that was funny.

But seriously, its going to be a lot of fun working with those two guys. They're both very lively (which, if you know me, you know I am not) and one is almost *always* smiling and laughing, its really hard not to like the guy. Although apparently, if he laughs while he is drinking... well, he spews it out...

As for the other guy, he is really is quite the opposite of my coworker. Other than the whole lively thing. He and I are very sarcastic and we can just sit there and basically insult each other for quite a while and simply have a good time doing just that. I was making fun of him the other day because he was dancing and our coworker was across the way and he got him to start dancing as well. He danced over to us and I had to comment that it is going to be interesting working with the two of them. They both told me they were dancing because they were happy. Then they said they would make me happy and all of us would dance around the bay. Haha. As I said, it will be interesting.

Anyway, I need to go. Good night!

No comments: